Reviews are in Best fretless bass under 1000 and even 500
Considering the purchase of a Fender Squier Fretless Bass Guitar and I need suggestions on the best strings to use to re-create a Big Band, Jazz, Upright Bass sound. After reading through the above list of strings and specs, I'm thinking either flatwound or tapewound, pure nickel strings in a heavy or extra heavy gauge will do. Any suggestions on strings matching that criteria? Also, is there... 21/09/2017 · Recently I found a broken washing machine drum. I got the idea to make a contrabass using the drum and a spruce 2x4. I got the idea to make a contrabass using the drum and a spruce 2x4. First of all I used my drill with a wire brush bit to clean all the salts and dirt.
Basses (fretless) Build your own (bass)guitar
9/02/2013 · Best Answer: Converting a regular bass to a fretless is a rather simple process that will drastically change the sound of the instrument. A fretless bass has a distinctive tone that is often heard in jazz and can also be used for other styles of music. Playing a fretless bass …...If anything, I felt the fretless fingerboard added to the upright-bass-like sound and the fret lines gave a nice reference point, making micro-tuning adjustments easier when the strings went slightly flat.
How to make a 2 string DIY fretless acoustic bass from a
It is possible to get a fretless bass guitar aswell which allows for a smoother tone and sounds alot better in jazz style music. A Double Bass looks like a Cello only alot bigger. Generally played standing up from behind the instrument, it is far less common than the electric bass but, unfortunately, far more expensive. how to lose weight and not look flabby 7/02/2011 · The aspect of fretless that I most like is that since you have to pay attention every second to your intonation,you're paying better attention overall and your playing is a little more "on".Another nice aspect is that the sound of fingered notes on bare wood is subtly different from that of fingered notes on metal fretwire and gives your playing a nice upright bass feel,which you can enhance. How to make wood look like shiny metal
Making a fretted sound like a fretless? TalkBass.com
- What do black nylon flatwound bass strings sound like? eBass
- Fretless Bass â€“ Sundry musings from the heartland
- Dean EAB Fretless Acoustic Bass Review â€“ Getting Started
- The quick and easy guide to bass processing MusicRadar
In fact, playing a fretless bass guitar is almost like playing a bass guitar for the first time, as notes sound clearer, crisper, and tend to resonate much longer when held. The ability to slide around to different notes without frets in the way allows your notes to achieve a complete different feel.
- 12/09/2008 · On a fretless, I like about 3/32" clearance between the board and the string, around the 12th fret or above. On a fretted bass, I like that distance between the string and the crest of the fret. Oh, and this is a start. Some individual basses I need a little higher.
- 12/02/2009 · A volume pedal! You can use the volume control on your bass, but that can be difficult to play and manipulate the knob at the same time. Turn the volume all …
- 10/01/2005 · As a bass player, as well as a guitarist, two things come to mind. First, an electric bass with frets will not ever sound convincingly like a fretless bass, be it stand up or electric.
- This is what a "Beatle Bass" is supposed to sound like March 19, 2014 March 19, 2014 by Best Bass Gear If you can get past the scary masks in the background, this is one of the better renditions of With a Little Help From My Friends by, of course, The Beatles.
You can find us here:
- Australian Capital Territory: Gundaroo ACT, Ainslie ACT, Turner ACT, City ACT, O'Connor ACT, ACT Australia 2637
- New South Wales: Heddon Greta NSW, Belrose NSW, Congarinni NSW, Scotland Island NSW, Mortdale NSW, NSW Australia 2098
- Northern Territory: Gray NT, Kintore NT, Elliott NT, Titjikala NT, Leanyer NT, Petermann NT, NT Australia 0841
- Queensland: Bucasia QLD, Tingun QLD, Mabuiag Island QLD, Windaroo QLD, QLD Australia 4068
- South Australia: Hoyleton SA, Ooldea SA, Terowie SA, Commonwealth Hill SA, Keith SA, Krondorf SA, SA Australia 5042
- Tasmania: St Marys TAS, Fern Tree TAS, Wickham TAS, TAS Australia 7023
- Victoria: Spotswood VIC, Maindample VIC, Benloch VIC, Devon Meadows VIC, Rythdale VIC, VIC Australia 3007
- Western Australia: Eglinton WA, Israelite Bay WA, Yirrallelm Community WA, WA Australia 6084
- British Columbia: Comox BC, Maple Ridge BC, Duncan BC, Zeballos BC, Silverton BC, BC Canada, V8W 3W4
- Yukon: Dawson YT, Ballarat Creek YT, Dawson YT, Fort Reliance YT, Nesketahin YT, YT Canada, Y1A 8C2
- Alberta: Foremost AB, Drayton Valley AB, Onoway AB, Eckville AB, Rosalind AB, Carstairs AB, AB Canada, T5K 2J3
- Northwest Territories: Jean Marie River NT, Yellowknife NT, Tsiigehtchic NT, Dettah NT, NT Canada, X1A 3L3
- Saskatchewan: Regina Beach SK, Scott SK, Elfros SK, Milden SK, Simpson SK, Edam SK, SK Canada, S4P 2C7
- Manitoba: Winnipeg MB, Binscarth MB, Ethelbert MB, MB Canada, R3B 9P4
- Quebec: Dollard-des-Ormeaux QC, Montreal-Est QC, Otterburn Park QC, Chateau-Richer QC, Saint-Lazare QC, QC Canada, H2Y 2W7
- New Brunswick: Upper Miramichi NB, Hartland NB, Florenceville-Bristol NB, NB Canada, E3B 9H9
- Nova Scotia: Windsor NS, Lunenburg NS, Joggins NS, NS Canada, B3J 5S3
- Prince Edward Island: Stratford PE, Victoria PE, Borden-Carleton PE, PE Canada, C1A 9N7
- Newfoundland and Labrador: Rushoon NL, Humber Arm South NL, Torbay NL, Flatrock NL, NL Canada, A1B 2J8
- Ontario: Johnsons Ferry ON, Rayside ON, The Slash ON, Rock Mills, Salford ON, Lauriston ON, Douro-Dummer ON, ON Canada, M7A 8L8
- Nunavut: Clyde River NU, Frobisher Bay (Iqaluit) NU, NU Canada, X0A 5H7
- England: Chelmsford ENG, Oxford ENG, Canterbury ENG, Milton Keynes ENG, Corby ENG, ENG United Kingdom W1U 3A2
- Northern Ireland: Newtownabbey NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, Bangor NIR, Bangor NIR, Newtownabbey NIR, NIR United Kingdom BT2 3H7
- Scotland: Dundee SCO, Paisley SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Dunfermline SCO, Livingston SCO, SCO United Kingdom EH10 1B4
- Wales: Newport WAL, Neath WAL, Neath WAL, Cardiff WAL, Swansea WAL, WAL United Kingdom CF24 7D9